Sunday 20 July 2014

Days Out and Doll's Things...

You know I have an interest in dolls.  Not all dolls - in fact I'm not very keen on baby dolls, although I did buy one today.

Well, I actually wanted the wardrobe...

Doll's Wardrobe from Charroux

Doll's Wardrobe 2  from Charroux

...but the baby doll came with it.

The doll was a bit strange, with dark markings which seemed to be inside the vinyl.  I worked out that this was mould, collected on the inside.  It's an anatomically correct boy doll that drinks and wets, and you obviously have to feed it the water in a bottle, and it must have been left damp. (Hardly suprising!)

I took it all apart, washed it as best I could and then soaked the parts in a weak bleach solution for an hour...

Baby gets cleaned up

...and now it's drying...

Baby body, drying

After a day or so (hopefully the weather will be warm and dry) I'll try getting the last of the moisture out with a gentle going-over with the hairdryer.

Some bits are still slightly discoloured, but I've done all I can.  I don't even like the thing!

5 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

That looks a bit painful that photo with the body hanging upside down!

Serenata said...

Love the wardrobe! It is great, what a wonderful find.

Elizabethd said...

I had to laugh at you taking all that trouble when you disliked her!!
Maybe she can go to a little girl somewhere?

Sharon said...

That wardrobe is great Penny, I think I'd have suffered the baby doll for getting my hands on that too!
Big hugs Sharon x

Babajeza said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the "baby" alive. :-)