Monday 28 October 2013

Stormy Weather and Long Nights

How I hate it when that hour goes back and the nights start drawing in.  It's dark at 6.30 here now; my beautiful view vanishes in the dark and I have to light the fire against the damp chill that has settled.

But there is one amazing thing that lightened my dreary day today!  I looked out and there was a beautiful iris in full bloom.  Can you believe it!

October iris

I hope it blooms at this time every year - it certainly cheered ME up!

7 comments:

Marigold Jam said...

Dark an hour earlier here of course that was one thing I did like about living in France the extra hour of daylight in winter!

Elizabethd said...

What a treat to find something so lovely.

Su said...

It is horrid isn't it, this time change. But that iris is amazing - so special at this time of year :-)

Sharon said...

What a pretty Iris Penny, glad it brightened your day.
I too don't like it when the clocks go back, but I am happy that even in the middle of winter it doesn't get dark here before 6.30pm. Thankfully we are still having warm weather here too...it was 35c today here in Sevilla. I really don't do cold.
Big hugs Sharon xx

Bev C said...

Hello Penny,

Such a pretty Iris, enjoy.

Happy days.
Bev.

Flaming Nora said...

Beautiful, it would cheer any one up. What a lovely surprise.

Kate said...

That's a stunning colour - such a visual delight.